Copy and paste

IrishODowd

Aug 16, 2019
Just a suggestion, might sound stupid, but how about something like..... You build something big or huge on creative and pay some sort of admin payment and can get that creation copy and pasted on to your land in adventure, I honestly don't know if that's even possible, but maybe a good idea?

C

CsoiSauce

Hi IrishODowd, thank you for your suggestion.

However, there are too many issues with this idea for us to implement.

1.) Workload. Currently, there are two admins & Getblock. As we try to play a large role within our community, this will put a lot more work on our shoulders.
2.) Lag. With the specification of "big" and "huge" builds, the issue is that depending upon the size of these builds, it would be nearly impossible to paste them into the survival world without crashing the server or causing extreme lag.
3.) Economy/Determination of Cost. We would not have a decent method of determining the "Price of Pasting." Would it be based upon the worth of the materials used within the build + a time-fee? How would we determine the time-fee? How would we efficiently and properly assess the worth of the build -- especially with an ever-changing economy?
4.) Unfairness. I believe this idea wouldn't be very fair to those that have put in an abundance of effort into collecting materials & building their magnificent builds (ie. DarkSyde666).

For the most part, I try to see the other side of suggestions & try to see how we can improve upon an idea rather than completely shut it down. However, I unfortunately cannot find a way for us to be able to implement this.

If you're interested in a modification that is like schematica, I would suggest Litematica. However, I do not have any experience with it -- I found many suggestions to use it when individuals asked about schematica.

IrishODowd

Aug 16, 2019
Thanks for replying, was just a little suggestion, I'm only on pc like a week now, so I'm sorry if my idea was a bit far fetched. Thank you doh :)

KattyMC

Jul 5, 2019
Northern Ireland
Hey Irish, there's no such thing as a far fetched idea!If you have more suggestions please keep posting them, we're always looking to add new things and implement new content onto the server.