Legendary Items

Levasier

Jun 8, 2019
Ok, so I got really bored. Like, as bored as when you have family dinner bored. Ergo, I did this and went wayyy OTT with it. Sorry for the suggestion spew, but I hope that a staff takes the time to read it. You could probably implement the suggestion in less time than it takes to read it, and I think it’s a good one.

Reason for suggestion: Even though there are lots of rare items ig, their value is steadily decreasing as more and more and more people get them. As well as this, while ‘Getblock, Master Smith’ (or whatever it is) has made several items, namely the Picks of Destiny and Fate and the Fire Dragon Vest, it seems that his répertoire is rather restricted with three items. I am aware that a few more items have recently been added, but I feel that there is so much untapped potential in rare items.

Suggestion Summary: What I propose is the addition of more legendary items, with even higher enchantments than before and possibly even attribute modifiers. The key thing about these is that they would be really, really rare. Like, as rare as getting Celestial in Vote crate. Once or twice per month rare.

Benefits of suggestion: 1. Another money drain (we always like those);
2. It means that some items in the server might have actually have value. At the moment, I’d say that the most valuable thing on the server is the event pick, at 4 mil. And that’s because it is actually rare. I’m proposing more items like this. Most of the event items/pick of fate are owned by pretty much everyone with a mystic rank;
3. It would improve server experience. I find that in a game, it’s nice to have goals. And tbh, once you reach Sovereign, have a nice little self-sustained town with all the utilities you need, and own almost the entire event kit, there’s not much to do short of attempting to go for server richest. Which I have done before, and it’s really boring. My point in this is that it would be great to have more goals to go for, and legendary items would be great for this.
4. It’s an easy thing to add. No plugin development is needed, just create a few stuff with 20 mins of /give command edit, add it to the event crate, and Bob’s your uncle (for the record I actually have an uncle called Bob so if he is your uncle too we might be related).

The actual items: So this would be a delicate balance. The items would have to not be too op, but at the same time be worth spending millions on. So. (Hence follows a list of stuff that you should probably not read if you’re not that interested in this suggestion).

My ideas.
1. These are split into two categories, enchanted items (epic) and attribute modified items (legendary). For the enchanted items I’m suggesting about the rarity of other event kit (maybe more for some), and the attribute modified items about the rarity of celestial rank.
2. With these items I’m not going for something with all the enchants, rather specific ones. Like the Fire Dragon Vest compared to the Event V3 armour.
3. Lots of these follow themes, like ‘Fire Dragon’. I think it’s cool, don’t dis me. A part of this is that you could work towards getting the whole ‘Fire Dragon’ set.

So Epics (please note that Unbr and Mending could be added):
Cursed Pickaxe, Gold pickaxe with Eff 5 and Fortune 5 and Curse of Vanishing
Fire Dragon Blade, Diamond sword with Sharp 7 and Fire Aspect 4
Fire Dragon Bow, Bow with Power 7 and Flame 4
Rill Helmet, Chainmail Helmet with Respiration 8 and Aqua Affinity 3.
Rill Boots, Chainmail Boots with Depth Strider 6
Rill Spear, Trident with Impaling 8, Loyalty 3 and Channelling (this one is especially good because the Event Trident is a Riptide Trident)

Legendaries. These would be attribute modified. If you don’t know what that is, look up attribute modifiers, but in short there are several attribute modifiers in mc. Some interesting ones are Speed, Health, Strength and Armor, which are granted to the wearer/ mainhand holder of the item. Obviously, you can see how easy it is to make these too op, but don’t immediately write these off. I am only proposing small modifiers. Also, if you have multiple things with the same type of modification, say two items of plus 5 hearts, then they don’t stack. You only get plus 5 hearts.
And while there is the modifier of generic.attackSpeed, I am uncertain whether this would be compatible with the 1.8 pvp mechanics, so I will ignore it.
Different items here are more op than others, and I feel their rarity should be adjusted accordingly. So a 0.02% chance compared to a 0.01 lol.

So: Death’s Scythe, Diamond Hoe with Unbr 10, generic.attackDamage set to 30 (for comparison my Event V3 sword has an attack of about 22). Shoutout to death_killer1030, he should get a free one.
Tachyon Boots, Diamond Boots with Unbr 10, generic.movementSpeed set to 0.4 (for comparison sprinting is 0.15)
Tachyon Dust, Sugar with generic.movementSpeed set to 0.25
Tachyon Gem, a Diamond with generic.movementSpeed set to 0.5
Shardplate, Diamond Chestplate with Unbr 10 and generic.maxHealth set to 30 (normal is 20 - it’s 5 extra hearts).
Shardblade, Diamond Sword with Unbr 10 and generic.armor set to 10 (not sure about this) and generic.attackDamage set to 25.
Mist Staff, wooden stick with Knockback 10, generic.movementSpeed set to 15 (same as sprinting, just without sprint).
Mist Boots, Chainmail Boots with Feather Falling 10 and generic.movementSpeed set to 15.
Mist Cloak, Elytra with unbr 10 (rly useful) and generic.knockbackResistance set to 1.0
Cursed Gem, Emerald with generic.luck set to 750 and curse of Vanishing
Cursed Vest, Gold Chestplate with generic.luck set to 1000 and curse of binding (make sure to specify this only works when item in chestplate slot)

Summary: I wrote too much anyway so won’t do a summary.

Last edited:

Levasier

Jun 8, 2019
It would be cool if someone, anyone could comment and let me know their thoughts on this.

CsoiSauce

Administrator
Admin
Nov 29, 2018
Hey Levasier,

Thank you for your suggestion. However, I haven't really responded because I don't understand it. I'm not very good when it comes to armor/tools/weapons. I think that this wouldn't be a good money sink due to the majority of the playerbase refraining from PvPing. Additionally, I think that pickaxes such as the Pickaxe of Fate would be more sought after than the Cursed Pickaxe.

Levasier

Jun 8, 2019
Yeah I get what you mean. In fact, the thing about pvp could also be said about refinement; in fact, many features I suggested have been made possible through refinement: this, as well as ConeCaine (the player), inspired me to pair this idea with the refinement system to come up with a few more refinement ores. The suggestion may not be posted immediately when you read this, but it should be pretty soon.