More... Jobs (I know) - Engineer, Mercenary and Craftsman, as well as Adventurer rework and prestige ideas for Woodcutter

Levasier

Helper
Helper
Jun 8, 2019
Call me greedy, but even with the addition of Blacksmith and Lumberjack, I have even more ideas on jobs. These are Craftsman, Engineer, and Mercenary. For the Mercenary job to work, I would also include a few additions to the Adventurer job.

Engineer: This would make money via crafting/placing redstone materials (and maybe mining redstone and nether-quartz ore). Simple enough. Crafting would be similar to blacksmith, maybe slightly more money/xp for some of the more complicated recipes like pistons, while things like buttons and pressure plates have less. Money/xp for placing redstone blocks would have to be a bit higher than Builder, since it requires rares materials.
Craftsman: This would make money through crafting stairs, slabs, planks, chiselled blocks, etc. Obviously, the pay would have to be quite low, perhaps comparable in terms of money/xp to a farmer breaking a crop or maybe slightly higher, for the wooden blocks, and especially higher for blocks such as bookshelves, bricks and quartz variants.
Mercenary: This would make money through killing other players and most hostile mobs (creeper, zombie variants, skeleton variants and illagers).
This is where I would also propose a rework of Adventurer: Make it so that you earn money for just killing passive mobs, (also spider variants, wolves and witches - basically all the ones not included in other jobs), as well as the exploring of chunks. Then buff the money/xp you get from all of these, something that needs happening for Adventurer even if you don't add in any jobs, owing to the fact that you cannot use the elytra and riptide combo, so its really quite hard to level it.
Anyway, back to Mercenary, make killing players equivalent to killing 10 blazes for hellboy (maybe more - possibly equivalent to killing the ender dragon for enderboy), and ban players killing their alts, while making killing mobs equivalent to what they are now (maybe a little more). I think this job would popularize /warp pvp, and give an added incentive to use the new refinement system, which atm has little use, since neither armour nor weapons are needed greatly.

Prestige ideas for these suggested jobs, and also for Woodcutter, which at least last time I saw had no prestiges. I had more than 3 ideas for several jobs, and quite a few are really op, so only one of the op ones should be picked for the job.
Woodcutter (why isn't this called lumberjack?!?): /apple - increases drop rate of apples and saplings from leaves, /ctree - able to craft 2 wood log into 2 saplings (if you think this is too op, make it 4 logs), /axe - axe doesn't break, /nofd, take no fall damage, in any dimension.
Engineer: get a free /kit redstone (a redstone mats pack) every day, ability to buy iron golem spawners from spawner shop, ability to make one single chunk load whilst that player is online using /setmychunk (if this is pres3, then not many people would have this, so it oughtn't be too bad for lag), ability to phase through a block with /thru (this would honestly be so useful for building/testing redstone, though I concede some people might use it for less scrupulous uses - I would argue that by having it as a prestige it makes it less available to trolls).
Craftsmen: /xcraft - access to unique crafting recipes, like crafting chainmail, elytra, saddles and nametags, gain access to /fix, or half the /fix time (similar to how collectibles allows /pv or doubles /pv s), /duocraft - crafting gives x2 output (excluding blocks of ores/hay/snow and tools/armour).
Mercenary: /resist - gains permanent resistance 2 effect, gains permanent strength 2 effect, armour does not break.

Last edited:
Reactions: CodSquad312

Levasier

Helper
Helper
Jun 8, 2019
It would also be nice to have some better blacksmith prestiges tbh. I'll post this in a different thread though.