New Player

annamini33

Oct 25, 2019
Hello :)

Just a few disclaimers before we start: This is not an introduction or an urge to get new players to introduce themselves. This is simply a thread I am making here because I didn't know where else to put it as I don't see anywhere in the rules that this would be a violation.

I joined the server around an hour ago and was really excited by all the neat features I saw in spawn. Kingdoms, wow! That sounds like such a cool thing to do! I was excited to get to playing and was asking about some general specifications about the rules regarding the resource world and the kingdoms world, blah blah blah. Now, the reason why I am making this thread isn't that I want to talk about my experiences in my first hour on the server.

When I entered, I was soon given a potion which I didn't notice at first in my inventory. Then a stick that had been renamed as "drink the potion" or something along those lines, and soon after a diamond pickaxe (thank you, whoever you are, for that!) that urged me to do the same. I asked in chat about it and found out it was alcohol and that it wouldn't hurt to drink it. So I thought "Eh, harmless prank. Let me just help this guy/gal get a good laugh. What's the worst that can happen?"

So I drink the potion and I am having a blast for the first few minutes. I notice that soul sand is simulating barf, I walk crookedly, my screen is all wobbly and wonky. I genuinely sat laughing for a good minute and thought "Okay, I'm gonna head to the bathroom and order some food and then come back and I can get to playing properly then!"

But twenty-five minutes later and the effect hadn't worn off. When I typed in chat, I would speak gibberish. I couldn't ask anyone how long it would take to wear off and although a helpful player messaged me about how I could fix it, they didn't seem entirely sure themselves how to type properly. So instead of risking a kick for spamming the chat, I stayed silent and waited a bit longer. The twenty-five minutes turned to thirty minutes and I decided I didn't feel like waiting anymore. Which is why I am writing this thread.

There's a wise phrase from the ancient sages of old "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed" which sums my feelings up pretty well. It was fun, to begin with, a harmless prank played on a "New Player" but it got pretty annoying that I literally could not play because of it. I was genuinely looking forward to playing on the server but now I feel quite demotivated when it comes to that. This post isn't to say "Haha prankers, take that" because I know you don't care. I just want to warn you (staff) against this in the future. Because a few minutes of it, sure, that's funny! Heck, I almost cried laughing because I hadn't expected it. But thirty minutes? And it still didn't wear off? That's too much.

So be aware in the future that making someone's game unplayable might cause them to not want to play. If anyone could tell me how long it'd take for it to wear off, that'd be great too. I love pranks, but this one went too far.

TL;DR
Was urged to drink alcohol which made my game unplayable and want to warn both new players and staff about this in the future as I fear it might make people want to not play on your server.

Rhainalane223

Dec 29, 2018
Somewhere
I'm terribly sorry that happened to you. ): Quite a few players on the server love messing with new players and don't realize the long term effects it can have on someone who's new to the community. To talk in chat, you can simply *Talk like this.* Use the astricks or even [These types of brackets.] To get the effect off, drink lots of milk and eat bread. Being a new player, that does suck because you don't have the money or resources, or even knowledge at that, to know how and where to go to help you get this effect off.

I'm most certainly their is a command to check to see how long you have until it wears off, but I can't remember at this exact second. We all aren't bad here on the server! My username here is the same as my ign. If you see me online, or a staff member has helped you, just send a quick message.

Hopefully you were/are able to get the effect off!

Getblock

Administrator
Owner
Oct 3, 2018
Hello, i would like to thank you and appreciate that you brought this issue up as it never came to our attention how much effect it does to the new players. I will be removing the brewery potions from the vote crate to lessen this from happening and overall will benefit the server :D

Welcome to the server btw! i hope you are enjoying other than this terrible experience.

Reactions: altmancarter60

ItsRageTVbtw

Jun 11, 2019
Hello :)

Just a few disclaimers before we start: This is not an introduction or an urge to get new players to introduce themselves. This is simply a thread I am making here because I didn't know where else to put it as I don't see anywhere in the rules that this would be a violation.

I joined the server around an hour ago and was really excited by all the neat features I saw in spawn. Kingdoms, wow! That sounds like such a cool thing to do! I was excited to get to playing and was asking about some general specifications about the rules regarding the resource world and the kingdoms world, blah blah blah. Now, the reason why I am making this thread isn't that I want to talk about my experiences in my first hour on the server.

When I entered, I was soon given a potion which I didn't notice at first in my inventory. Then a stick that had been renamed as "drink the potion" or something along those lines, and soon after a diamond pickaxe (thank you, whoever you are, for that!) that urged me to do the same. I asked in chat about it and found out it was alcohol and that it wouldn't hurt to drink it. So I thought "Eh, harmless prank. Let me just help this guy/gal get a good laugh. What's the worst that can happen?"

So I drink the potion and I am having a blast for the first few minutes. I notice that soul sand is simulating barf, I walk crookedly, my screen is all wobbly and wonky. I genuinely sat laughing for a good minute and thought "Okay, I'm gonna head to the bathroom and order some food and then come back and I can get to playing properly then!"

But twenty-five minutes later and the effect hadn't worn off. When I typed in chat, I would speak gibberish. I couldn't ask anyone how long it would take to wear off and although a helpful player messaged me about how I could fix it, they didn't seem entirely sure themselves how to type properly. So instead of risking a kick for spamming the chat, I stayed silent and waited a bit longer. The twenty-five minutes turned to thirty minutes and I decided I didn't feel like waiting anymore. Which is why I am writing this thread.

There's a wise phrase from the ancient sages of old "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed" which sums my feelings up pretty well. It was fun, to begin with, a harmless prank played on a "New Player" but it got pretty annoying that I literally could not play because of it. I was genuinely looking forward to playing on the server but now I feel quite demotivated when it comes to that. This post isn't to say "Haha prankers, take that" because I know you don't care. I just want to warn you (staff) against this in the future. Because a few minutes of it, sure, that's funny! Heck, I almost cried laughing because I hadn't expected it. But thirty minutes? And it still didn't wear off? That's too much.

So be aware in the future that making someone's game unplayable might cause them to not want to play. If anyone could tell me how long it'd take for it to wear off, that'd be great too. I love pranks, but this one went too far.

TL;DR
Was urged to drink alcohol which made my game unplayable and want to warn both new players and staff about this in the future as I fear it might make people want to not play on your server.
Very sorry this happened. Anytime that something like this happens again just press tab to see if there is any staff members online that can help fix that. If you ever see someone called _ItsRage_ with the Helper rank just shoot me a ./msg and im sure to respond quickly.

Also welcome to ApeironMC and i hope you have a great time here :D

Bamaguy56

Nov 6, 2018
I have seen a lot on the server being one of its longest members but this is a first. Here’s to hoping you have a better experience than this in the days to come. If you need anything of course, feel free to message a staff or more experienced player such as myself, or anyone really who’s willing to lend a hand. We’re here for each other in this Community. I wish you the best in your time here. 🙂

Reactions: ItsRageTVbtw