Possible addition of Craftbook gates and bridges.

TanathDulnar

Aug 28, 2019
Not sure how much of a strain something like this might be on the server. But just a thought as I was building my castle thought it might be nice to have a real working ( large ) gate.

Would not want though if it might impact the server negatively though.

Tan

Magnido9

Mod
Oct 28, 2018
Hello, can you explain a little bit more about this Craftbook gates and bridges and how it works?

TanathDulnar

Aug 28, 2019
Like most items associated with Craftbook, it uses signs to mark the start and ending coords of your bridges and gates ( they also can have "openable" pane windows based on switches. When you set them up you put all the bridge or gate material in place then you can turn on or off these signs to make gates that open and close or drawbridges that open and close. I am guessing that for each one that is setup there is an entry in the DB that states the location, bridge mat, and if it is open or close.

Now I only am talking about the Craftbook bridges and gates and not the rest of Craftbook just due to some of the other items in it can be very processor and memory intensive.

Not sure if it would interfer with any other sign plugins or anything else, but more of just a thought or idea.......it may not even be 1.13 compatible these days.

CsoiSauce

Administrator
Admin
Nov 29, 2018
Hey Tanath! Thank you for the suggestion.
Unfortunately, as Craftbook only works with Sponge Servers, we cannot implement this. It does sound cool though :(