PvP MiniGame

ConeCaine

Sep 15, 2019
I want a pvp mini-game that would be could constantly available for players that would want to match other players in the same gear and power as others.
During that fight all boosts : mcmmo would be disabled to give fairness for both parties. Some people i want to fight have different boosts because of the plugins and i don't see fairness at all...

Levasier

Helper
Helper
Jun 8, 2019
While I like the idea, at the same time, there is the fact that currently there is a set of items (like good armour) which the only motivation to get is its use in pvp. If you create this you might remove the motivation to get good stuff. Its a tricky balance, because it favours people who have been on the server a while.

Levasier

Helper
Helper
Jun 8, 2019
Yeah - that's a great idea. /duel [playername], and /duel accept. You could even make it have three settings like /duel [playname] then either 'fair', 'opfair' or 'ownkit', with 'fair' equipping both players with a mystic kit and 'opfair' equipping both players with a sovereign kit: i.e that level armour, sword, axe and bow, with an arrow and 64 steak and also disabling mcmmo. ownkit is obviously without changing kit.
When the duel ended it would delete that kit and return what was in the players' inventory before the duel.

Being in a /duel would mean both players could only harm each other, and couldn't be harmed by other players until one player does /duel cancel (which can't happen during combat time), or a player dies. That would actually fix a lot of issues with two people trying to fight then getting killed by someone else. There would have to be a timer on /duel though so that it ran out after maybe ten minutes. It would also have to only happen within /warp pvp.

As a sidenote - it would also be great to make it so that armour/weapons didn't lose durability within /warp pvp. I've had to stop fights several times because my armour is about to break, and with my current armour it breaks before I die. I've lost half an event v3 kit from this actually.

Levasier

Helper
Helper
Jun 8, 2019
Also, what I said about motivation to get good fighting kit - check out my suggestion about adding a dungeon, because if they added that, it would provide the motivation to get good kit - meaning you wouldn't need pvp as the motivation, and could do kitpvp.

Levasier

Helper
Helper
Jun 8, 2019
Yeah that plugin looks awesome! I mean, most people don't do pvp on this server, so I am not sure how well the majority would like it (I mean, I don't think I would gain much money through this lol), but it would still be a cool thing to have.

ItsRageTVbtw

Jun 11, 2019
I can see where you guys are coming from. Not many people on the server do PvP but even as the world's worst HCF player even I can say this would be a great addition to the server.

The only downside is that since not many of the people on the server do PvP i do also feel that this would take a lot of the server's resources for something that would not be used very often.

There are also a few questions to ask like how all of the different duel maps would be made, what would be the minimum requirements for the betting system on the duels and a very important one is which how would this clash/interfere with our 1.8 PvP mechanics.

How would the ELO system work for the duels? If it is anything like OverWatch you would go up about 5 SR a game and if you lose you would go down around 30 SR. This would lead to one extremely good player being on top while everyone else is at a lower ELO.

It would also cause more reason to use hacks that are not normally used on the server like KillAura. If there is a betting system players would want to win all the time to get the money so the easiest way out would be hacking.