Remove Destruction in Refinement

Remove destruction

• Total voters

Levasier

Helper
Helper
Jun 8, 2019
^ and make the fail rate larger to compensate.
Honestly, I'd prefer if both destruction and downgrade were removed and it was just a fail or a success, with success rates of like 50% at level 1, 20%, 10%, 5%, 1%, but I'd at least love for destruction to be removed. Refinement seems like a great feature, yet I barely use it for fear of destroying all my great stuff. To quote Mundunugu 'a system where only one player has achieved +10, and only one other player has got a set of +7 armor is clearly broken'

WhitPb7

Nov 4, 2019
I feel like destruction should be completely removed but that downgrades should still exist but only a really small chance like 5% for 3 -> 4, 10% for 4 -> 5, 20% for 5 -> 6, 25% for 6 -> 7, 30% for 7 -> 8, 40% for 8 -> 9, and 50% for 9 -> 10

Vindicates

Jul 17, 2019
A big reason why I don't bother upgrading anything beyond +3 is because I don't want my items to break. If destruction was removed, I'd definitely try to upgrade my items. I would prefer if there was a larger fail rate for upgrading and no downgrading versus having a medium downgrade chance and a small fail rate.

Reactions: Levasier

TanathDulnar

Aug 28, 2019
If I remember correctly isn't the Blacksmithing skill supposed to help with success rates or something? If one were to remove destruction, I would say do it via one the Blacksmithing prestige levels.

This system is based off of a risk vs reward system. If there were no chance of destruction or downgrading then everyone would have fully upgraded gear and all they would need to do is grind it out and pay for it.

Levasier

Helper
Helper
Jun 8, 2019
The thing is, Blacksmith has only 15% chance increase: that's not much when you are trying to do the later upgrades.

TanathDulnar

Aug 28, 2019
I am suggesting that any changes made to refinement be done at the Blacksmithing skill area instead of the core of the refinement system. Let the players who put in the work in prestiging that job reap that reward. That way it is earned and not just handed out.

Reactions: EliteAgent07

Getblock

Administrator
Owner
Oct 3, 2018
I understand everyone's frustration, i will definitely make some changes to lower the destruction rate to about maybe 5%, the current one is 40%. Would this satisfy everyone or would you guys prefer complete removal?

zhuge

Sep 21, 2019
I would like it if it started out easy > then came out harder over time

like increase in price, amount of ingots and slight increase of downgrade/destruction maxing out at 25%/5% at lvl 10
it makes sense if a blacksmith repeats it constantly, its easier at end

Levasier

Helper
Helper
Jun 8, 2019
Perhaps it could be made that there was 10% destruction rate: however Blacksmith prestiges were modified to include pres1: 5% increase in success rate, pres2: 10% increase in success rate, and then pres3 being the removal of destruction rate, making it just 100% downgrade.